ANYONE WITH CHILDREN
ON HOLIDAY WITH CHILDREN For our younger guests Il Molinello offers large green spaces, a swimming pool, and a playground with slides and swings. In addition, we are a mere 5 kilometers from the Adventure Park Saltalbero in Rapolano Terme (www.saltalbero.it)
Terre di Siena is rich in history and nature. It's a place where it seems that time has stood still: landscapes of rare beauty are sewn together like a rich embroidery ornate with perfectly preserved villages. Into Nature A journey through the land of Siena is captivatingly multi-sensory. Every sense is engaged. Travelling with children here invites you to slow down, to savor and enjoy the many marvellous and unique features of this place. With your children, seek out the varieties of nature here, the many colors, textures, flavors, scents and sounds, as well as the signs and marks which civilizations have imprinted.
For enriching activities with your children, we recommend:
• Landscape Museum - Castelnuovo Berardenga
• Natural History Museum Accademia dei Fisiocritici - Siena
• The Nature Train: a means by which to travel the Sienese countryside observing scenery that would be otherwise impossible to see. Passing through "virgin" areas, far from roads, from the Train the eye sees only forests and rivers.
Walking in Nature It's virtually impossible to visit the land of Siena and not venture into the countryside, the natural surroundings of the woods and the thousand-year-old hamlets. Walking slowly, you find yourself in a setting that is both out of the past and very much in the present. To best experiene the natural beauty of the region, we suggest...
• the ring of Murlo mines and the old train line
• Etruscans around Murlo
• The circuit of Monte Oliveto Maggiore Abbey
From the pre-historic grottos of Cetona to the medieval period, you can discover the traces and signs of man’s memory in an encounter with history and its fascinating mysteries. We recommend:
• the pre-historic museum in Cetona
• Parco Naturalistico del Monte Cetona
• Museo della Cattedrale Labirinto etrusco. Catacombe (Chiusi)
Urban Trekking in Siena
Urban trekking is a sport for everyone! For children, it is both an unusual and a fun way to discover the city of Siena - with itineraries created especially for them that share fantastic stories of famous people, include interactive games, and that offer the chance to learn about the Contradas, their history, where they are and how they can be identified by their symbols.
Journey into materials and flavours just waiting to be felt, touched, seen, eaten and smelled. Meet those skilled hands keeping antique traditions alive though the ages. Patiently, these hands continue to work as they did once upon a time.
• Orgia Forest Museum – Sovicille
• Terracotta Museum - Trequanda
• Mining Museum Park - Abbadia San Salvatore
• Crystal Museum - Colle Val d’Elsa
The Rural World
From the Middle Ages until as recently as the 1960's, the economy of this land rested on the relationship between the great landowners and the peasants who worked it for them. Century after century, they shaped the very contours of the landscape.
• Sharecrop Museum - Buonconvento
• Spedale Santa Maria della Scala – Siena
• Grange Museum – Serre di Rapolano